Adele family, wedding pics, age, height, weight, biography, wiki, husband
Adele Laurie Blue Adkins MBE (/əˈdɛl/; born 5 May 1988) is an English singer-songwriter. Graduating from the BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology in 2006, Adele was given a recording contract by XL Recordings after a friend posted her demo on Myspace the same year. In 2007, she received the Brit Awards “Critics’ Choice” award and won the BBC Sound of 2008 poll. Her debut album, 19, was released in 2008 to commercial and critical success. It is certified seven times platinum in the UK, and three times platinum in the US. An appearance she made on Saturday Night Live in late 2008 boosted her career in the US. At the 51st Grammy Awards in 2009, Adele received the awards for Best New Artist and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.
Adele released her second studio album, 21, in early 2011. The album was well received critically and surpassed the success of her debut, earning the singer numerous awards in 2012, among them a record-tying six Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year; two Brit Awards, including British Album of the Year, and three American Music Awards. The album has been certified 16 times platinum in the UK, and is the fourth best-selling album in the UK of all time. In the US it has held the top position longer than any album since 1985, and is certified Diamond. The album has sold 31 million copies worldwide.
The success of 21 earned Adele numerous mentions in the Guinness Book of World Records. She is the first woman in the history of the Billboard Hot 100 to have three simultaneous top 10 singles as a lead artist, and the first female artist to simultaneously have two albums in the top five of the Billboard 200 and two singles in the top five of the Billboard Hot 100. 21 is the longest-running number one album by a female solo artist in the history of the UK and US Album Charts. In 2012, she released “Skyfall”, which she wrote and recorded for the James Bond film of the same name. The song won an Academy Award, a Grammy Award, and a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song. After taking a three-year break, Adele released her third studio album, 25, in 2015. It became the year’s best-selling album and broke first week sales records in the UK and US. 25 was her second album to be certified Diamond in the US. The lead single, “Hello”, became the first song in the US to sell over one million digital copies within a week of its release. Her third concert tour, Adele Live 2016, is her largest to date, taking in Europe, North America and Oceania, and will end with four concerts at Wembley Stadium, London in mid 2017.
In 2011, 2012 and 2016, Billboard named Adele Artist of the Year. In 2012, she was listed at number five on VH1’s 100 Greatest Women in Music. Time magazine named her one of the most influential people in the world in 2012 and 2016. With sales of more than 100 million records, Adele is one of the best-selling recording artists in the world
It was reported in January 2012 that Adele had been dating charity entrepreneur and Old Etonian Simon Konecki since the summer of 2011. In June 2012, Adele announced that she and Konecki were expecting a baby. Their son was born on 19 October 2012. On the topic of becoming a parent, Adele has since observed that she “felt like [she] was truly living. I had a purpose, where before I didn’t”. Adele and Konecki brought a privacy case against a UK-based photo agency that published paparazzi images of their son taken during family outings in 2013. Lawyers working on their behalf accepted damages from the company in July 2014.
Born in Tottenham, north London, and raised in West Norwood, south London, Adele has a working-class London accent that Rolling Stone magazine says has only softened slightly over the years. Politically she is a supporter of the Labour Party, stating in 2011 that she was a “Labour girl through and through.” In May 2011, she advocated a lower tax rate for high-income earners; a view counter to that of the Labour Party. In 2015, Adele stated “I’m a feminist, I believe that everyone should be treated the same, including race and sexuality”.
She is regarded as an icon for the LGBT community. On 12 June 2016 an emotional Adele dedicated her show in Antwerp, Belgium to the victims of the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida earlier that day, adding “The LGBTQ community, they’re like my soul mates since I was really young, so I’m very moved by it.
|Born||Adele Laurie Blue Adkins
5 May 1988
Tottenham, London, England
|Alma mater||BRIT School (2006)|
|Partner(s)||Simon Konecki (2011–present)|
- Yes, her real name is Adele! The average radio listener doesn’t know, however, that her full name is Adele Laurie Blue Adkins.
- She was born to Penny Adkins and Marks Evans, although she was raised solely by her mother from the age of two.
- In 2011, Adele underwent throat surgery which her doctor blamed on her smoking habit. In 2015, she quit smoking and admitted that she believed it would have killed her eventually.
- Her fans come in all shapes, sizes and occupations – she received fan mail from former Prime Minister of the UK, Gordon Brown. He wrote to her during Britain’s economic recession to praise her for keeping people’s spirits up.
- People were first amazed by her voice when she sang ‘Rise’ by Gabrielle at school.
- Adele’s album, titled ’21’, spent a whopping twenty-three weeks at the top of the album charts in the US.
- The singer doesn’t need peace and quiet to compose some of her best works; in fact, she stated that her creative is at its highest when she’s had a few too many to drink.
- As a child, Adele’s favourite music was from the Spice Girls. She has also said that Etta James and Dusty Springfield have been influential.
- She certainly seems to be a fan of the classic singers, and has a Dachshund named Louis Armstrong.
- As a true Brit, Adele loves a good cup of tea and drinks it with two sugars.
- She’s always had friends in high places, and at college, Jessie J and Leona Lewis were in her class.
- Many artists have been found on YouTube, but Adele’s success stemmed from MySpace, the social media platform which her friend used to post Adele’s song project from school.
- As of 2016, Adele held a total of 10 Grammy Awards and 3 Guinness World Records.
- Adele said that her goal in life is ‘never to be skinny’. She believes that music should be made for ears, and not for eyes.
- Despite experiencing world-wide fame and audiences of thousands, she still suffers from stage fright and has said in the past that she sometimes has panic attacks and throws up backstage.
- She was named Billboard’s ‘Artist of the Year’ for two years running – 2011 and 2012.
- Adele stopped reading books at the age of six and concentrated on singing. ‘Matilda’ by Roald Dahl was the last book she remembers reading!
- In 2015, she branded herself ‘a feminist’, and said that she believes in equality for everybody, regardless of gender, race or sexuality.
- Along with Beyonce, Adele holds the record for the most categories won in a single night at the Grammys. She took home a total of six awards in 2012.
- In 2011, she began dating Simon Konecki, and in October 2012, Adele gave birth to their son, Angelo.
- In total, she has five tattoos. Two of them are on her left wrist, her hands each have one and there is also a tattoo behind her left ear.
- Adele came in sixth on Forbes’ list of highest paid celebrities under the age of 30 in 2012.
- She used to live in a mansion consisting of ten bedrooms, but sold it due to the fact that only nine of them would be used.
- Adele and her husband Simon sued paparazzi after they snapped pictures of their son Angelo during a family outing. They won the case in 2012 and were awarded damages.
- She supports the Labour Party, but in 2011, she supported lower taxes for higher earners, contrary to the views of the political party.
- Her 2008 American tour was cancelled because Adele wanted to spend time with an ex-boyfriend. She later regretted it and called herself ‘ungrateful’.
- Adele is a supporter of MusiCares, a charity set up by the Grammys which helps musicians in need. She has sung at many charity events since 2007, and also supports SANDS.
- She suffers from homesickness when she is away from London, and doesn’t like flying.
- When Adele appeared on Saturday Night Live in 2008, she was on the same show as Sarah Palin. Not only did the show get 17 million viewers and top ratings for the last 14 years, but Adele said afterwards that Palin helped to make her career.
- In case you’ve ever wondered by her album names are mostly just numbers, they represent her age when the albums were made. She wrote the material for ’19’ when she was 19 years old, and so on.